In principle applies:
- Protect against frost, heat and sun exposure.
- Storage in original drums (in case of UV varnishes under exclusion of light) at temperatures of 5°C - 30°C.
- Our waterbased coatings should be stored - if possible - at +8°C - +28°C.
- Storage temperatures by over 30°C should be avoided because they favour stronger viscosity increases.
- After opening the drums the coating should be used as soon as possible.
- At expiration of 6 months the properties of the coating should be examined again before use.
- Special coatings and effect coatings have a reduced shelf-life/storage ability.
Storage with frost
Depending on the type of coatings waterbased coatings can freeze at temperatures of - 5°C; which cannot be excluded always in the case of longer transportation in winter. Frozen waterbased coatings should be thawed slowly at room temperatures and are allowed to be used if they have room temperature after stirring up. Properties of function coatings, e. g. blister and antislip coatings, must be checked.
Storage and viscosity
In case of a storage of several months of water based coatings it can come to an increase of viscosity. Mostly the output viscosity/delivery viscosity can be achieved again by good stirring up the coating. Otherwise the viscosity can be adjusted by dilution with water. The characteristic properties of the coating are not impaired by the addition of water (max. 3 %). Storage temperatures by over 30°C should be avoided because they favour stronger viscosity increases.
Because of transport conditions the durability of the TERRAEFFEKT Gold Coatings G 17/ and G 19/ can only be guaranteed if these will be shipped by airfreight to overseas.
Please consider our technical data sheets and the following information.
Optimal duration of storage