PRESS RELEASES 2019
DECEMBER 20, 2019
ALTANA Acquires Overprint Varnish Specialist Schmid Rhyner AG
- Strategic expansion of ALTANA’s ACTEGA division
- Acquisition includes production, research, and development in Switzerland and a subsidiary in the U.S. with a total of
around 80 employees
November 14, 2019
dp polar and ALTANA Present Innovative 3D Printing Solution for Industrial Series Production
- The world's first 3D printer that combines previously unattainable productivity with high precision via a continuously rotating
print platform, thus pointing the way from prototyping to industrial series production
- This allows components to be produced up to 20 times faster in larger numbers and with a maximum build volume of around
- The technology can process a wide variety of materials in a single pass using the Multi Material Jetting process
- The modular design also enables uninterrupted combination with other automated processes, such as assembly with
electronic components (pick & place)
November 08, 2019
ACTEGA Rhenania schließt Kooperationsvereinbarung mit Marie-Curie-Gymnasium Neuss
- Ziel: Mehr Schülerinnen und Schüler für Berufswahl im MINT-Bereich motivieren
- Beitrag zur Verringerung des Fachkräftemangels
- Regelmäßiger Erfahrungsaustausch für nachhaltige Kooperation
October 07, 2019
ACTEGA Artística receives the certification ISO 45001: 2018
- As one of the first companies in Spain, ACTEGA Artística received the ISO 45001:2018 certification
- This certification replaces the OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Series implemented
in ACTEGA Artística since 2008.
- The ISO 45001:2018 compliance certification has been issued by the Spanish certification body AENOR in May 2019.
September 27, 2019
ALTANA takes over business of Office Color Science Company, enters Software as a Service domain
- Includes all technology and products
- Will be incorporated into the Instruments Business Line of ALTANA’s BYK division
- Strengthens position as technology leader in instrumentation solutions with refinish color matching and
formulation software for automotive OEM
September 16, 2019
A focus on labels – ACTEGA at Label Expo 2019
Following the motto "Focus on labels", ACTEGA will present technical innovations, sustainable technologies and an extensive portfolio of overprint varnishes and primers at Label Expo 2019. In hall 7, booth A 37, interested visitors will find a broad selection of new printed samples for in-mold and pressure sensitive labels.
September 10, 2019
Artística RB 1006 Z3 obtains Platinum-level of Cradle to Cradle Certified™ in Material Health Certificate category
ACTEGA Artística was awarded the first Platinum Level Material Health Certificate by the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute, granted to the Artística RB 1006 Z3 sealant for beverage cans after assessment against the criteria of the Material Health category in the Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Product Standard.
August 06, 2019
Half-year results: ALTANA below the strong level of the previous year in a challenging environment
- Sales decline by 4 percent to 1,154 million euros
- EBITDA margin reaches 19.2 percent
- Strong investments in research and development, digitalization, and locations worldwide
- Forecast for the year as a whole: sales roughly at previous year's level
June 25, 2019
Student Team from Lingen Receives the 2019 ALTANA Special Prize in Chemistry for its Sustainable Business Idea
- “Jugend gründet” nationwide final on June 24 and 25, 2019,
at the Porsche Training Center in Stuttgart
- The prize: a trip to one of the largest research and
development sites of the specialty chemicals company ALTANA in the U.S.
June 05, 2019
ACTEGA Inaugurates New Innovation Center at Grevenbroich Research Site
- Investment: around 10 million euros
- Space for research and development doubled
- New headquarters for simulation of future packaging trends
June 03, 2019
ACTEGA In-line Primer for HP Indigo 30000 Digital Press Now Available
ACTEGA, a global market leader in coatings, inks and primers serving the digital print and packaging industries, today announces a new aqueous primer, ACTDigi® LEP Primer AQ1409610 for use in- line with the HP Indigo 30000 Digital Press for digital folding carton production.
April 09, 2019
ALTANA Division BYK Opens New Site in Shanghai
Specialty chemicals company expanding its presence in Asia through biggest single investment in China so far, New integrated site to better serve needs of customers locally
March 26, 2019
Newly Launched Dual Cure Flexo Inks Designed to Improve Speed and Clean Up
ACTEGA North America has added a dual cure, UV and LED, flexo ink system to their ACTExact® family. Designed specifically to meet the requirements of both LED and UV curing systems on press.
March 23, 2019
ACTEGA Announces In-line Primer for HP Indigo 30000 Digital Press Folding Carton Production
ACTEGA today announces a new aqueous primer, ACTDigi® LEP Primer AQ1409610 for use in- line with the HP Indigo 30000 Digital Press for digital folding carton production.
March 15, 2019
2018 Results: ALTANA Remains on the Growth Path in an Increasingly Challenging Environment
Sales increase by 3 percent to €2,307 million
EBITDA reaches €431 million
Research and development expenditure increases by 8 percent
March 11, 2019
ACTEGA North America R&D Center installs Mark Andy P5 press
ACTEGA North America is pleased to announce the purchase and installation of a Mark Andy Performance Series P5, 13-inch flexographic press at its Twin Lakes R&D facility in Charlotte, N.C.