ProvaMed® for medical drip chambers
Please ask for more information to learn about your individual benefits of the ProvaMed® TPE solutions. We would be pleased to assist you.CONTACT
Apart from absolute health safety, drip chambers also require outstanding transparency with a well-balanced degree of flexibility, rigidity and durability. Our ultra-transparent TPEs permit perfect optical control of the drip process as well as easy and swift adjustments to the fluid level.
Our TPEs for drip chambers can be sterilized using ethylene oxide (EtO) and gamma rays - without any negative impact on the material properties and without impairing the function of the adhesion sites, e.g. between the drip chamber and the tube. Sterilizability has been verified by an external, independent test laboratory.
Our TPEs offer an outstanding level of solvent bonding. Furthermore, ACTEGA avails of material solutions with a high precision fit between the tube and the drip chamber material. This has been tested in an extensive range of tests – in line with ISO 5836-4 – using solvents which are established in the sector, i.e. tetrahydrofuran (THF), methyl ethyl ketone (MEK), and cyclohexanone.
During the manufacturing process
- Optimized material flow for injection-molding
- Very good processing properties
- MFI and flow performance ensure attractive cycle times
- Well-balanced degree of rigidity and recoverability
- Pleasant haptics
„Realize faster projects thanks to the confirmed quality of our TPE compounds and the very best support in all service areas.”
Product Manager New Business Development
Benefit from the advantages of our ProvaMed® TPEs for drip chambers:
- Protect patients and medical personnel over the long term. Our TPE solutions free of plasticizers attribute your medical technology valuable functions while complying with maximum demands on cleanliness, hygiene and safety.
- ProvaMed® TPEs offer you more flexibility, freedom of design, and extra sustainability. Use conventional solvents to bond the components made from soft PVC with those made from TPE or use our TPE solutions for drip chambers and infusion lines to design infusion sets which are entirely free of PVC. By doing so, you can reduce the volume of harmful PVC containing plasticizers in your products while working significantly more efficiently thanks to shorter cycle times and less installation effort.
- Design the qualification process for your medical products in an efficient and smooth manner. Our products have already been tested in accordance with ISO 10993-5, achieving outstanding results, for stress-free and easier qualification of your medical product.
Find out more about the ProvaMed® TPE solutions for drip chambers and download our product brochure.
Collaborate with our TPE experts who will support you throughout the entire development process to market launch. This gives you the certainty you expect from us in this extremely important sector.CONTACT