Application instructions for print varnishes
- Before the aqueous printing varnish comes into contact with the ink rollers, they must be sprayed with TERRAADD Retarder G 12/111.
- While coating, press off the TERRAPRINT varnish by a doctor blade or a similar equipment from areas where no coating is taken off by the sheet. These areas must be kept wet with retarder, applied by spraying, dropping or with a soaked sponge.
- When starting the machine, turn on the ink unit with the coating so early that there is already a coating film of normal thickness on the plate before the first sheet comes. The same procedure after a stop.
- At each machine stop blanket and plate have to be cleaned with a water/retarder mixture of 1:1; afterwards spray some retarder on rolls/plate/blanket.
- Cleaning of the rolls shall be done only with retarder. Dried films have to be removed with TERRAWET CLEAN Cleaning Agent 12/180 or TERRAWET CLEAN Cleaning Paste G 12/133.
- TERRAPRINT matt varnishes tend more for building up a half dried film on the rolls than glossy types, especially when coating on matt papers.An addition of 1 - 3 % of TERRAADD Retarder G 12/111 or an 10 % addition of a glossy TERRAPRINT varnish can improve the work.
- TERRAPRINT varnishes cannot be spot coated by the use of the damper. In case of a partial coating you have to work with a plate cylinder with a stripped blanket or a letterset plate.
In case of any questions please contact Research & Development.