Get in touch with our team to learn more about ACTDigi® Jettable and your possibilities.CONTACT
In the area of water-based fluids, ACTDigi® Jettable offers packages of primers, inks and overprint varnishes for inkjet printing.
Inkjet printing is a complex technology and also requires complex consumables. This, combined with the requirements of the packaging printing industry in terms of fluid robustness and regulatory compliance, creates a very challenging task that is completely different from the traditional consumables business. For example, unlike analog printing, a new inkjet fluid is not immediately tested at the customer’s installation. Instead, developers are tasked with replicating a variety of applications in-house and developing a robust ink. Proper droplet formation is critical; thus, it is extremely valuable for the developer to observe how the fluid behaves during jetting. This observation provides information on how to properly adjust a formulation. At ACTEGA, we rely on dedicated teams in R&D and technical services as well as state-of-the-art equipment. The focus is on close cooperation with our system partners. We place high expectations on our technologies. Thus, in the area of inks, we do not only consider printability and drying behavior, but also look at the optical appearance and, if required, chemical and physical resistances of our products. We currently have a portfolio of water-based prototype fluids that meet indirect food contact regulations. All fluids work well on a wide range of substrates, from film to paper and board. Our packages of primers, inks and overprint varnishes help us to meet market requirements and achieve the intended properties of the printed product.
See ACTDigi® Jettable in action on this success story with Seiko and discover the benefits of this technology.
Our technologies for demanding packaging applications at a glanceTechnologies
- Industrial digital printing
- Drop-on-demand technology
- Water-based integrated systems for an optimum adjustment and interaction between primer, ink and overprint varnish
- Solutions for the indirect food contact (Swiss Ordinance, Nestlé, FDA)
- For challenging, non-absorbant substrates
- High printing quality
- Excellent drying properties
- Very good adhesion on typical substrates for labels and flexible packaging, e.g. BOPP, PE, PET
- High mechanical & chemical resistance
- Sterilization and pasteurization stable
- Support trouble-free nozzle opentime and head maintenance